It’s that time of year again, the sun is shining and students are cursing the fact that they must shut themselves inside to study for their end of year exams.
GCSE and A Level Revision can be a burden over the summer…
So here are a few tips to keep them going and help them through this exam season successfully:
1) Organise your study space.
2) Don’t spend ages making your notes look pretty.
3) Don’t just read your notes, draw flow charts and diagrams and write stuff down.
4) Stick your notes around the house.
5) Do lots of practice exam papers.
6) Take regular breaks.
7) Explain your answers to others. Try organising a study group with friends.
8) Don’t just revise, keep doing things you enjoy.
9) Drink plenty of water and eat healthy snacks.
10) Get a BYT tutor!
Gemma Grass-Orkin is a senior tutor at BYT Harrow. She has a degree in anthropology from Cambridge University and over four years experience teaching English as a second language to 3–18 year olds and adults in Argentina, Vietnam, Spain, England and Colombia.*
Bright Young Things Harrow Tuition Centre | 219 Kenton Lane| *Harrow HA3 8RP| *020 8909 2829
BYT Harrow Tuition Centre